Monday, September 7, 2009

"Radio live transmission...listen to the silence ring on..."






After my last post, I immediately wanted to go out and skate, so that is exactly what I did. The house slash farm that I was staying at had a nice long country road to the left that ended in gravel, and to the right ended at a sort of Stephen King country highway.
I stayed to the left.
I still find seeing cows to the left of me and sheep to the right; charming.
I got violently ill the early morning on the day I was leaving for Geelong. I was shocked really, I get sick very rarely, and all I could think was "Bad luck", and "Oh no! I have to skate!".
After a few collapses and a complete emptying of my body, I seemed better.
I got to Geelong and as one might expect, did not exactly shine at practice.
I have a chance to make up for that, when we practice again tonight.
I also got offers of extra help, perhaps due to my performance, and no matter what I need extra training!
I knew I was out of my depth when a girl crashed right in front of me, and I fell on her, getting her skate in my shin, which is never good...afterwards, one of the coaches said "You have to just jump over the fallen skater".
I of course thought- "Okay, that will just get put to the top of my today list, 'Acquire super powers.' check!". Of course the skater who advised me, then did exactly that in the next scrimmage.

I don't know if my pictures are clear, but one is from part of the yard where I stayed, I have never, ever, seen water in there but the no swimming signs always remains...
Also the platform for the 'V-line' aka country line of the Victoria trail system.
The V-line was much nicer than the city line, which provided a view of Melbourne that was simply, not flattering.

My attempt at blogging via my iphone via the Australian network did not go as planned, so sorry for the strange post earlier...



1 comment:

brandi said...

oh i am just on the floor rolling around in the loudest laughter i;ve heard from myself in awhile. not sure if its the dry swimming hole, or just every other funny you are dropping line from line. thanks dear! this was a great one and oh so cure photos!