Thursday, September 10, 2009

"I was moving through the silence without motion, waiting for you, In a room with a window in the corner I found truth"






I went to stay further outside of Melbourne, at a lovely place, where one of my team mates who skates under the name of 'Nine Lives Isis' lives. She is on the coast in a place called Jan Juc.
Really, really pretty.
Her home was just like a T.V. show to me. Exactly how I had always pictured a beach home to be, and of course how I pictured Australian homes. There were surf boards everywhere, guitars, large deck, outdoor shower, and even a skate ramp.
She surfs as well as skates.
We walked along Bells Beach after having a nice breakfast at a cafe.
Later, we worked a bit on the skirts to be worn by the 'Psychotics' at Saturday nights bout.
Then we went for what she called 'a short skate' outside. The "short" skate almost laid me out, well actually at one point, I was literally laid out. There was a hill she called "sort of steep", I bailed onto the grass about one third of the way down, to watch her hit rocket speed and then do this amazing roll at the bottom, both of us laughing as I then widened my skates to the very edges of the concrete to try and plow stop as slowly as possible to go down and meet her.
There were a couple hills, short but so steep that I used my toe stops to climb them, while she whizz-ed right up.

I, now only refer to her as 'Isis, Mighty Isis'.




No comments: