Thursday, March 26, 2009

"if I don't die or worse...I'm gonna need a nap..."






I feel Autumn coming, cool, grey mornings and changeable weather. The Poplar trees are changing as our the few scattered European trees that I see in town. I am always surprised by them, accustom as I have become to the Eucalyptus which seem to hold their changes to a private schedule not predictable by people or seasons.
I have been busy since Zok left, I always feel the need to have a full day to tell him about by telephone when he calls. While Monte & Roberto were still here I saw the poster for Roller Derby, and although I was intrested I didn't call. But then I met a couple of the girls who are behind putting together a league so... I went to a 'fresh meat' night, of roller derby for newer girls. I really think I am too old, or too broken but I wanted to meet some ladies, and although I do feel some aches and pains I plan on going back Saturday night. I tried to do the Alum Track today at a quick pace, and my legs were resisting me.
Zok's not back until Easter so I will give Roller Derby a chance, twice a week until then, and see how my poor old bones take the beating.
Although, there is a stop we practiced where you slide as if you are sliding into a baseball base, and I love it! I never did anything so drastic as a kid, and with the knee pads and all, I want to skate really fast! But I am using all rental gear which is a bit shoddy and rank smelling, yet still...Fun!


1 comment:

Monte Means said...

I can't believe you're doing roller derby! You're my hero.