Monday, March 30, 2009

"...today is flat beneath the weight of the next day..."




t
The days go quickly. The days drag.
I feel confused by the weather, Saturday morning I was cold, but by 4 p.m., the temperature was above seventy degrees, when I left Roller Derby practice at 8 p.m. the night was clear and warm. But a day later and the day is chilly and the temperature doesn't reach sixty degrees. I will be lighting a fire when darkness comes.
I have the hugest bruise I have ever had, the bruise covers my entire knee-I was favoring the other leg because I think I pulled something in that thigh. I hope three days off between roller derby practices will be enough for me to recover in between.
I have been trying to get out each day to increase my fitness level-although today walking was not easy. I feel a bit like Snow White though, with the amount of wild life that I have seen just in my neighborhood. The Platypus was on the surface of the pond, diving over and over with ducks swimming around it. I saw a Wallaby on the trail, which is strange for early afternoon. I was woken by Kookaburra, two pairs of them across the road. I hope the sound on the video comes up well because really I feel as if no one outside of Australia really gets what I am talking about. While Monte and I had our Book Club date (via Skype), Rosellas were taking a dip in the bird bath. I went walking around Tinderbox the other day, onto a path I had not been on before. The properties are very close to our neighborhood, but the plots of land are all much larger, and most people have horses. I like how the horses drink out of old bath tubs.
I am envious of the neighborhood, except that they are just a bit far from the beach.

2 comments:

Monte Means said...

I love the photo of the horse. The kookaburras sound so exotic. Hard to believe you get to hear that while in your house - wonderful! Maybe we should extend an invite to our book club to the Rosellas? Clearly they're interested in discussing literature.

cookie said...

so, where's the platypus?